Myoscience is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer
Myoscience has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer in our Fremont, CA headquarters.
- Develop embedded firmware for Myoscience’s next-generation systems
- Manage all phases of the software development life cycle in a medical device environment, from initial concept through verification testing to market release.
- Document all phases of development within Myoscience’s document control system (e.g., software requirements specifications, risk analyses, verification protocols/ reports, etc.)
- Work closely with other departments to ensure projects, designs, and test activities conform to regulatory and quality requirements.
- Support modifications to existing designs for improved usability and reliability.
- Draft and submit disclosures relating to new Intellectual Property.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience developing real-time embedded applications using C/C++. Minimum 4 years of experience in medical device (or other highly regulated) environment.
- Must have recent experience developing embedded applications for STMicro (STM32-family) and Renesas (RX-family) microcontrollers.
- Must have experience with I2C, SPI, USB, LCD, and LED interfaces. Experience with Wi-Fi and BLE interfaces strongly preferred.
- Must have experience interfacing with a variety of peripheral devices, including ADCs, DACs, flash memory devices, real time clocks, power management devices, battery chargers/fuel gauges, and accelerometers.
- Must be familiar with Visual Studio desktop development and support of tools for embedded systems.
- Must be familiar with ISO and FDA Quality System and Design Control requirement
- Experience interfacing with and developing firmware for secure processors is a strong plus.
- Ability to support enterprise infrastructure, including files and databases, desktop applications, configuration, and analysis tools.
- Familiarity with SQL operation and support (including tables, queries, and connection strings) is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with the use of oscilloscopes, DMMs, and other common benchtop tools is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (written and verbal) required. Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, management, and customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to focus on and achieve scheduled milestones and effectively execute on multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.